Day 1: Yangon
This morning the tour starts at 07:00.
Depart from Yangon early in the morning for a journey to Kyaikhtiyo Pagoda, the Golden Rock.
Arrive at Kyaikhtiyo Base Camp. The transportation is by local, open-air truck taking 45 minutes drive and drop you off to have a 5-minute walk from Golden Rock.
Golden Rock is one of Myanmar’s most important pilgrimage sites. The pagoda here is said to hold a hair of the Buddha, and Buddhists from across the country come here to offer homage.
Overnight near Golden Rock.
Day 2: Kyaikhtiyo – Yangon
Today after breakfast, depart from hotel at 08:00.
After breakfast, return back to base camp by open-air truck and begin the return journey to Yangon. On the way, stop in Bago which is also known as Pegu, was the capital of the Mon Kingdom in the 15th century and is a town steeped in legend.
Spend time exploring with our guide, learning about the history and myths of the city. Visit the 55-metre long reclining Shwethalyaung Buddha, the four seated Buddhas at Kyaikpun and the old palace of Kambozathadi. The Mon-style Shwemawdaw Pagoda is the most outstanding religious monument in Bago. Then visit the city’s local sites, including the town market and a Mon neighborhood where locals once produced woven textiles.
From Bago return to Yangon in the afternoon, before reaching the city limits, stop in Htaukkyan Township to visit the Allied War Cemetery. Transfer back to Yangon.
Our services do not include:
- International ticket to/from Yangon
- Meals other than mentioned (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and porters at the hotels
- Credit card fees (2-3%) or bank transfer fees for non-cash payments
- Any other items not mentioned
Our services include:
- 1 night accommodation in shared twin or shared double room with daily breakfast
- English-speaking guide
- All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles with drivers except Kyaikhtiyo (transfers by open non-air-conditioned vehicles)
- Porter at Kyaikhtiyo
- Drinking water while touring
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program